Sunday, September 5, 2010

In good company.

That I am.

Last night, after an ice-cream sunday social with the entire school, six of us gravitated towards the field and proceeded to enjoy two hours of conversation under the stars.

The level of reflection and maturty of the people here is startling. I've not had such an insightful talk with people my own age in, well, ever. And the best thing about it is, we know we're young. We know that over half of what we say will sound like ingenuous drivel in twenty years, but we play anyway. We weren't afraid to play with our minds, and the outcome was amazing.

This morning I skyped with my beloved mom and dad, who are turning out to be quite the honeymooners with their empty nest and all. It is such a relief that they're happy, healthy, and peaceful. As I said before, it would be next to impossible emotionally for me if one or both of them was against this whole shabang. Today we're going to the enormous mall to do some serious shopping. I hope to find some sort of winter coat and some cooler weather styles. On monday we're off to target to buy things for our dorm rooms. I am greatly looking forward to that. Schedules also come out on Monday night, and classes on Tuesday. I can honestly say I have never been more excited for the start of academic classes in mye ntire life. What a world.

2 comments:

  1. Thrilled we are! Fun to find this chunk of writing. Play exuberantly monkey face.

    ReplyDelete