Saturday, August 28, 2010

Poetry from my past.

I've always been a bit of a poetry nut. Here are a few fun ones from two or three years ago I just dug out of my stack of notebooks:

If ever you find a sea of blue,
In golden valleys laid of light,
Look to the left and you'll find two,
to hold your gaze and watch all night.

A ligneous seat below your frame,
Less comfortable than mother's embrace,
Engulfing joy you try not tame,
But garlanded all with wooden lace.

Topaz throws an amber glow,
The halo rests upon the crown,
By diamond's alabaster show,
To breath and free your blood, you know,
She pulls you up so you don't drown.

And...

The moons are through, the sun's gone down
the wind and snow are gone,
with every minute spent and logged,
from twilight's haze to dawn

all rivers flown, and mountains topped,
most dales and valleys worn,
quiet garden lost of roses,
petal, stem, and thorn.

Since all's been used, and used again,
o'er years of day and night,
I wonder now, and wonder long
of what else I could write.

Still more...

Have a day. Take two, they're small.
Remember though, they're followed by two nights.
Ao have a night, or four!
They're small too.
You take because you need,
like air and mild and bread.
You grow with these, small but plentiful
essentials. But they're small.
And you are told to be, want, give, work,
lie, lay, see
Big.
Take another, take some more.
And give.
Big.
Not so long your days outnumber your needs.
Big
you are crushed and flattened in the assembly
line of big.
But you don't dare to be, want, give, work, lie, lay, see small.
Because you are Big. Big. Big.

One more...

Dare you fathom?
Fathom what?
That what is it!
What is indeed.
Indeed...what?
My point, you see.
I see what point?
Exactly.
What?
Dare you fathom?
Fathom what?
That.
I see.

2 comments:

  1. Holy nice, small, big stuff. Writing like your hair's on ice. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! My hair is definitely on dry ice.

    ReplyDelete