Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bienvenue to my blog!

Hello. This is not my first blog. I just had to get that out there.

If all goes well, and I can exercise some sort of commitment, it will be my last. I intend to update this regularly, since a lot in my life is about to happen that is worth blogging about. At least, in my humble opinion. In less than a month's time, I will be moving from Taiwan (my current home) to Boston.

No, I am not going to college. No, I am not being sent to military school. I will be attending a boarding school for the arts. The school offers five tracts in the arts: Musical theater, music, visual art, ballet, and writing. I shall enter into the writing tract to read, write, and hopefully increase my brain power by some meaningful amount.

It truly amazes me the reactions my family and I get from the news. My parents have always been amazingly supportive of my endeavors. They were excited when I wanted to be a doctor (age 6-11), they were very gung-ho show business for the four odd years I was convinced I was going to be an actress (11-15), and now, at 16, I want to write. Maybe I won't just be a novelist, but definitely something that involves a large amount of writing. Screen-writer, novelist, journalist, psychologist...I feel like I have a lot of options. But I digress.

So, about 4 out of 10 of the people we inform about my "leaving the nest" gasp in horror. Their faces contort and they wrinkle their noses up. Charming. Apparently they are afraid of independence. Though it makes more sense not to care what people think, I wish more people would see this as an amazing opportunity. Of course I'll miss my parents. Of course they'll miss me. We've accepted that. Anyways, the majority of people are excited for me. Maybe I'm just investing too much thought into this. If I put energy into it being awesome, IT WILL BE AWESOME!

Sorry for the inherent roundaboutness of this first post. I hope to use this blog as an outlet for writing energy, as well as to update the blogosphere of my soon-to-be new life at Boarding school.

Peace and love,
Kaiyuh

No comments:

Post a Comment