Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ils me manquent.

I will miss them. Them, who?

My hilarious awesome OCD sweet supportive parents:

The weather and beautiful walking places:

The hiking trails in abundance(though I hear there are a lot of trails where I'm going):
My friends (of course):
REAL Chinese food (No, Panda Express does not constitute as Chinese Food):And now, perhaps the thing I will miss most...the cause of my most bitter tears...
Uli's Mashed Potatoes:

In retrospect, I realize how much of the 12 years I've been in Taiwan I spent bemoaning it. For some reason, I felt unfortunate to have missed out growing up in the States. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved it here. It is my second home to Alaska. My first and most dear home, in some ways. In the past couple months, on the brink of my departure, I realize how very lucky I am. Taiwan is a wonderful, safe, cultural, crazy, crazy-hot country. I love it. Mayhap I've just matured that last iota to make me see the truth in my fortune. Go figure it would happen in my last few months here. There are many more things I hold dear and will miss dearly, but I'd better give my blog a break for the night. Until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment