Monday, October 11, 2010

Something Wicca this way comes.


Before I start: Salem is my favorite place in the entire world.

Reasons why Salem is the best place on Earth:
1. It is adorable
2. Pumpkins adorn every porch.
3. Most every house and lawn is decorated for Halloween.
4. Witches walk around the Salem streets fully clad in black cloaks, hats, and boots.
5. An older witch, complete with a pentagram tattoo on her widow's peek, pulled me over and told me "I like your pentacle, little witch." (I had just purchased a sterling silver pentagram, which I was wearing around my neck.)
6. I had peanut butter chocolate fudge. 'Nuff said.
7. I got my first official psychic/tarot reading.
8. I thought Natick was quaint...Salem takes the cake with its cobblestone streets and apothecaries.
9. I learned the term "Leaf Peeper" on the drive up through a beautiful countryside full of fiery trees. Apparently, a Leaf Peeper is a person who drives along the North Eastern coast to watch the changing leaves. Most Leaf Peepers originate from the Carolinas, namely South Carolina. They are usually old people. Interesting stuff.
10. I've wanted to go to Salem since, I don't know, EVER!
And now that I have, I can safely say that it is my absolute favorite town ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment