Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm protesting tomorrow.


Tonight, my school hosted a viewing of the Larame Project. This film documented the horrific beating and death of a 21 year old gay male in Larame, Wyoming in 1998. Basically, I cried for about an hour straight. I am a firm supporter of acceptance and love, whatever gender, race, orientation, ANYTHING a person might be. Peaceful acceptance should be the focus.

Anyways, tomorrow Emerson college is putting on the play, and, wouldn't you know, a group of fanatic religious people are protesting it. Again. religious people have every right to practice their faith, but when it involves hating other people just because of the people they love, I bristle. So my people from my school as well as other students (from college) are creating a peaceful, counter-protest. We're going to march around the one of the city's commons whilst singing and showing love and support for the gay and straight communities of the world.

So, send us good vibes and love for everyone, even those who harbor hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment