Sunday, October 17, 2010

40th Post

I signed on this morning, no particular blog post in mind, and noticed that I've posted 39 times. That makes this my 40th post! I could be wrong, but I think that means that this is the most I've ever posted on any one blog. I've been loyal to my blog, despite my shady past in the blogosphere.

It's a Sunday morning on the Hill, and I've nothing to do today. That is a beautiful prospect for a boarding school student. You see, when we're not in school, like on the weekends, we like to leave campus. Go into the real world. Have fun in the city. Go to lunch with friends...all sorts of things that require planning and energy. Yesterday the juniors had PSATs, so my roommate was very busy all morning, and ballet dancers had rehearsal for the Nutcracker, so a lot of people were very tired and busy all day. I wasn't exactly dancing or cranking out standardized tests, but I was busy too. So now, on this chilly Sunday morning, I sit in my common room, finishing up this blog post and preparing to spend my morning drinking tea and read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch. To everyone reading this: Take a mental health day! Have a good cry (I've already done that, but I chalk it up to missing my parents). Drink a good cup of coffee or tea and read a classic.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, sounds nice :)
    I started the Sound and the Fury, was it you who was a Faulkner fan? Its interesting, and that really is all I feel like doing lately, drinking tea and reading. Or watching movies :/
    I love the Salem pictures too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete